My Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, 15 May 2008

Happy due date!











Can you believe that our precious little warrior was only supposed to be born today! Finally we can start counting forward and not in the minus anymore! Happy due date my beautiful boy, and thank you for a wonderful 3 months that you have given us so far. We love you endlessly!




Well, what an adventurous couple of days. Yesterday Granny and Granny Grey finally got to meet our little warrior. It was such a special and long awaited moment. I'm so glad you finally got to see and hold Caden. They'll be staying till Sunday, so atleast you can spend a lot of time with him.




Caden has also now found a new liking in his mobile. He just stares at the little dalmations and every now and again it looks like he tries to catch them. It's incredibly cute!




Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes, I appreciate it so much and I had a stunning day, spoiled rotten! We are so incredibly blessed to have so many amazing people in our lives. Thanx for all your support throughout this journey, it's been a pleasure sharing it with everyone!




Anyway, I hope everybody has a fantastic weekend. ONLY 5 MORE DAYS TILL THE OXYGEN COMES OFF!!!




Lots of Love


Elriza





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI guys,

I can't believe how big little Caden has gotten!! It's absolutely amazing how strong he is!! We can't wait to meet the little guy!!! We continue to pray for you guys, for strength and good health!! Elriza, HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY (my better half forgot to tell me it's your birthday:-))I believe you had a FANTASTIC day!!

You guys must have an AWESOME weekend, can't wait for our next update on littel Caden!!

Love
Coreen and Grant

Lisa Reid said...

Hes adorable you guys are very lucky : )

Anonymous said...

Hey you three!

Happy happy!!

What a time you three have had over the past three months! An Adventure of the Spirit... An Expedition of the Soul...

Life is truly amazing and the universe is a compassionate and caring place for all of us - I truly believe this after seeing your family's journey!

You guys are a real inspiration to me - thank you for showing me what can be done!

I look at your family, and the poem that inspired my wedding vows comes to mind - 'The Invitation' by Oriah Mountain Dreamer:

"It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living.
I want to know what you ache for
and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing.

It doesn’t interest me how old you are.
I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool
for love
for your dream
for the adventure of being alive.

It doesn’t interest me what planets are squaring your moon...
I want to know if you have touched the centre of your own sorrow
if you have been opened by life’s betrayals
or have become shrivelled and closed
from fear of further pain.

I want to know if you can sit with pain
mine or your own
without moving to hide it
or fade it
or fix it.

I want to know if you can be with joy
mine or your own
if you can dance with wildness
and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes
without cautioning us
to be careful
to be realistic
to remember the limitations of being human.

It doesn’t interest me if the story you are telling me
is true.
I want to know if you can
disappoint another
to be true to yourself.
If you can bear the accusation of betrayal
and not betray your own soul.
If you can be faithless
and therefore trustworthy.

I want to know if you can see Beauty
even when it is not pretty
every day.
And if you can source your own life
from its presence.

I want to know if you can live with failure
yours and mine
and still stand at the edge of the lake
and shout to the silver of the full moon,
“Yes.”

It doesn’t interest me
to know where you live or how much money you have.
I want to know if you can get up
after the night of grief and despair
weary and bruised to the bone
and do what needs to be done
to feed the children.

It doesn’t interest me who you know
or how you came to be here.
I want to know if you will stand
in the centre of the fire
with me
and not shrink back.

It doesn’t interest me where or what or with whom
you have studied.
I want to know what sustains you
from the inside
when all else falls away.

I want to know if you can be alone
with yourself
and if you truly like the company you keep
in the empty moments."

See you all soon!

Love Loren, Darryl & Mini-D!

Anonymous said...

Hi

I suppose there were lots of tears.Joyous one's that is.The photos are absolutely beautiful.Caden you are truly such an amazing little fighter and so loved already.You won't believe the joy you bring and that's just looking at your photo's.Can't wait to actually see you.

Love you lots

Aunty Netro & Sharon

Deqlan said...

Happy due date Caden - wow what a long way you have come in your 3 months here with us! You are cute as a button and i cant believe how big you have grown! We cant wait to meet you and we will celebrate the removal of the gin in the next few days! Have a great weekend hugs and Blessings
Love Mark, Samm & Deqlan

Granny said...

Dearest Caden
What a wonderful and blessed moment when I held you for the first time. No words can express the joy. And not to even mention the first kiss on those precious fat little cheeks. I cannot thank our Lord for the wonderful opportunity He gave me of holding my precious little angel. Caden, you are just the cutest, especially when you try to reach for your mobile and especially when you want to tell Granny all the stories. When you make that little rosebud bekkie, Granny just want to pinch those little lips. Candice we have another "vlooi bekkie" in the family.
Well my little one, we all wish you the best for tomorrow when they remove you "gin". May the Lord be with you all and we know and trust that He will help you to breathe without those pipes.
We love you lots and lots little Warrior.
God Bless
Love all three of you very much
Granny, Grampy, Granny Grey and uncle Brenz.

Granny said...

Happy three months old, big boy. Time is just going so fast. So pleased to hear that the doc is happy with your eyes. We wish you well in hospital tonight and we pray that God will guide you all and that with His love and grace the oxygen pipes will be removed and that you can go home without them tomorrow.
Sleep tight and God Bless
Lots of love, hugs and kisses
Granny and Grampy