My Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, 22 August 2009

Holiday!!!

Hello my monkey man,

Well, remember in my last post I told you about the importance of prayer, well, here's the proof: Not only did dad get out of hospital safe and sound, but we also got to go to Sun City and have a wonderful and relaxing (paid for) weekend! See, no matter how unimportant you might think your request is, just ask anyway! We missed you terribly though, but made up for it last week, I think.

Saturday the 15th we headed off to the Pilansberg for a weeks' stay at Bakgatla Game Reserve. It was so nice getting away from it all, just being in the bush. Dad had to leave on Sunday, but came back on Thursday morning early, and you guys just played and played! I think you were gone for over an hour! While dad was away, you had some playtime with Malakai, Loren and even ouma came to visit. Unfortunately you weren't feeling that well, but I am very sure it was an allergic reaction that lead to a bit of asthma because as soon as dad brought your asthma medicine, you felt a lot better!

I have to tell you about some of the very cute things you did. You chased the monkeys away every time you saw them, with a lispy sshhhhttt (which is supposed to be shoe!). You roared at a couple of animals, tweeted at the birds, and even baa-d at a hippo! It seems like you are getting the language thing now, because your vocabulary almost doubled in the last two weeks.

Unfortunately it is back to reality now, holiday is over and mom and dad is back at work. We miss you so terribly during the days, but that just makes the evenings so much more enjoyable!

I felt so sorry for you yesterday. I had to take you for your vaccinnes, and my oh my, there is nothing wrong with your lungs my boy! But it broke my heart to see this complete shock and confusion on your little face when the needles went in. Sorry angel, but I promise it is for your own good. The nurse said that you have only picked up about a 100grams in 6 months, which is not good, but I mean, you basically went from crawling to running (and not stoppping) in these last 6 months, so maybe it is that? We're gonna take you to the paediatrician on Thursday anyway, just to make sure all is well, and maybe get you some baby protein shakes???

Anyway my angel, I have to get back to work. I love you plenty and promise to post some photos soon!

Love
Mom

1 comment:

Deqlan said...

Glad to hear you had such a good holiday Mr Caden, hoping your doc appointment goes very well tomorow and that he is very happy with you! See you soon! God Bless!