My angel,
How do I explain to you why mommy and daddy seems to be so sad all the time? How do I tell you why uncle Tim doesn't answer you when you call for him at the door? How do I tell you that you won't be hearing his beloved motorbike through our gates again, or that he won't be there to give you cookies before dinner time, much to mommy's dissaproval. How do I tell you that he won't come running after you when you are going somewhere where you shouldn't and mommy is just too pregnant to run after you herself? How do I tell you that you won't hear his voice calling "Hellloooo" through the house as I am about to put you to sleep, and you get so excited about seeing him that all possibilities of sleep go right out the window?
This is a tough one my angel, and one I was not quite ready to explain to you, because this is the first time mommy had to deal with something like this herself. I think, the best way to explain, is to compare it to life. You know how you were born, not really knowing how you came into this world? Something miraculous, but inexplicable, so many unanswered questions? You'll probably feel the same when your brother arrives. Well, sometimes, just as birth, which we can't explain how or why a person is given to share the love of life, so the same people eventually have to go as well. We don't know when, or why, but they have to go back to the place where they came from. There are many theories to "where" this "place" actually is. Mom and dad believes it is called "Heaven", and your unseen (to some) Father in the sky calls you back to be with Him. It is very sad for the people who are left behind, because to our physical brain it doesn't make sense that someone who was so part of your existence, just isn't there any more. Humans are creatures of habit my angel, and we like for things to remain...predictable. But this is one of the only things that you can be sure of in life...that a person will pass one day. We don't know when or how, but it will happen. So early Sunday morning, uncle Timmy was called home.
It is very sad for us, and that's why you see me and dad cry some times. But the best way to make sure that uncle Tim lives on in our hearts is to remember him for the bubbly person that he was. He always said that you were the reason he became broody and wanted children, so he was extremely fond of you my angel. He had an incomprehensable lust for life that is seldom equaled. He was always there to help us when we were in need, whether it was to give me a lift to the hospital to go visit you when you were born, or just to "borrow" a glass of coke. He even baby-sat you a couple of times when mom was in need. He did all he could to help, when he could. I know the house feels empty without his voice, but remember, he is with us, in memory, in spirit, and through everything he did.
I know it doesn't all make sense right now, and I can't say that it ever will, but know that uncle Tim loved you, you loved him, and that is all that matters.
Love you my only
Mom
Tuesday, 26 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
No words expect what a beautiful tribute Elriza! Your writing is beautiful! Thinking of you all as we all knew how close you were to Tim! Hugs to sweet Caden!
Dearest Caden
Those beautiful words written by your mom has gran sitting with tears running down her cheeks. It will be sad coming to your house and uncle Tim not coming to say "hello there, and how is Cape Town" or "may I please pinch some of your biltong" or "please talk slower because I cannot understand you". He was one of a kind. He will be sadly missed by all who knew him.
Reezie your explanation was awesome. It could not have been said any better and I cannot even try to comprehend what you guys are going through. Hang in there guys, have faith and believe that his Heavenly Father called him to a much better place with no worries or cares.
God bless you all. Lots of hugs and kisses
Granny
Dearest Caden,
Your mommy has certainly written a very moving and poignant tribute to the much-loved, departed Tim. Let Oh-Paw share with you the thing that burdens my saddened heart the most. I was supposed to perform Tim And Chrisma's wedding ceremony this coming Saturday. Now, I will be conducting Tim's funeral service - probably on Friday. I was going to use one of my favourite poems as an introduction to whatever else I was going to say at during the wedding ceremony. So, as a tribute to the beloved Tim, I'm going to write the poem here, because I think it is equally fitting.
When the white eagle of the north (winter)
Is flying overhead,
And the browns, reds, and golds of autumn lie in the gutter - dead
Remember then, the summer birds, with wings of fire flaying
Come to witness springs new hope,
Born of leaves decaying.
As new life will come from death
Love will come, at leisure.
Love of love, love of life, and giving - without measure
Gives in return, a wondrous yearn of a promise ... almost seen
Live hand in hand
and together we'll stand
On the threshold
Of a dream.
This one's for you Tim!
No person living knows what lies beyond the grave. It may well be that Tim is looking down on us and smilingly saying, "If only they knew how beautiful it is where I am now! If only they knew what a joy it is to be free from the cares of this world, they wouldn't be crying, they'd be rejoicing!"
I have reason to believe that that is exactly what is happening right now.
Still, we miss you Tim, but we are assured of joining you one day when the bell tolls for us. And may we never take the gift of life for granted.
With all my love,
Caden's Oh-Paw
Liefste Caden,
Jou ma, Oh-Paw en Granny se woorde doen my hart goed en onderskryf hoe ek voel. Tim was maar net 'n spesiale kreatuur en as ek aan hom dink,sien ek hom in die swembad klim, hoor ek hom met oorgawe sĂȘ: "how cool is this! how cool is this! It's awesome!" Mens kon dan nie anders as om 'n paar grade ligter te voel nie!
Ek dink ons almal is weer gedwing om na ons waardes te kyk en hoeveel tyd spandeer ons aan dit wat eintlik vir ons belangrik is.
Lief jou baie,
Ouma Rina
beautiful tribute Elriza, please know that you and wes and caden and baby noah are also in our prayers for comfort and peace, God Bless, Samm Mark Deqlan Logan
Post a Comment