My Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, 22 April 2008

All good!

Hi All,

Caden is home and the hernia operation was a success. Yesterday we arrived at the hospital at 10h30 and was admitted and in the ward at around 11h30. At about 12h00 Caden started to get really hungry and proceeded to eat his jacket. It was very cute, until he really got hungry and started crying. We did our best to calm him but we knew only one thing would help, and that was the one thing he couldn't have - food! At 12h45 they dressed him in his little theatre robe (Yes, they have those for babies) and it was here that the tears started filling my eyes. Pretty soon I was all out crying and Wes was just trying to calm me and be strong for Caden at the same time. They said one of us could go in with baby until he was asleep and seeing as I was in such a state it was agreed that Wes would be the better option. While Wes was there he said little warrior was so hungry that he managed to rip his oxygen pipes off his face and suck it. They said it would only take about 10 min and then Wes could leave, so I went down to the coffee shop so long and ordered some food. This was all around 13h00. At 13h45 Wes was still not down, so you can imagine what was going through my mind! Seeing as the operation was only supposed to take 20 min, I feared the worst. This was probably the longest hour of my life and my heart felt like it was jumping out of my chest! Eventually Wes came down and told me the anaesthetist was half an hour late and he couldn't phone me cause I had his phone! I have never felt so relieved in all my life!!! After that we went to see little baby in NICU, where all the nurses greeted us so warmly and Caden looked right at home. This morning ouma Rina came to fetch us from the hospital and now baby is sleeping in his bed, safe and sound. The wound doesn't look too bad and he doesn't seem to be in any pain.

Thank you so much for all the prayers and beautiful messages. We appreciate it so much and it really helped to keep us in a positive frame of mind!

Good luck Anja with your caeser tomorrow! I hope your little bundle brings you enormous amounts of joy and I can't wait for her and Caden to play together. Our prayers will be with you, Arno and little Ane'tjie. Enjoy your last night of sleep!!!

Lots of Love
Elriza & Wes

8 comments:

Granny said...

All we can say is "Thank you Lord" for bringing our precious angel safely through his op. We knew that our Lord would keep him safe, only prayers and strong faith will always help us through any crisis. My heart almost broke when I spoke to Wes and heard his little cry. They really starved Granny's little angel. But once again we thank the Lord that alls well that ends well.
Good luck Anja, our prayers are with you.
Lots of love
Gramps and Granny

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear that all went well with the operation and we are so glad that it is behind you! Our God is truly awesome!!!! Thank you Lord for keeping Caden safe during his operation. Now we hope you have a speedy recovery and that you get off that gin too.... Love to you and your mommy and daddy! It was so wonderful to meet you! Good luck Anja and family! Tomorrow you will receive one of the best gifts God will ever give you - enjoy each and every moment! God bless, Conrad,Megan and our precious Keaton

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

What GREAT news!!! So glad to hear that the operation went well and that little Caden is at home!! We continue to pray for you guys, especially for little Caden's speedy recovery!!!

Hope you guys have a FANTASTIC day!

Love
Coreen and Grant

Lisa Reid said...

So glad the operation went so well : )
I kept checking your blog every 5 minutes for updates so I can ONLY imagine how you guys felt, hope to see you soon xxx

Deqlan said...

Thank you Dear Lord that all went so well and Caden home and happy and recovering! Shame, i know how awful it is when they are so tiny and so hungry and there is nothing you can do before the op- i am so glad its all over and went well! May God continue to heal Caden and may he continue to get stronger and cuter each day!
God Bless , prayers and hugs and good luck to Anja for the arrival of her baba
Mark, Samm, Deqlan

Anonymous said...

Liewe Caden, jou ma is die punt van my hart en dit is altyd vir my swaar as sy 'n sleg situasie beleef,terselfde tyd is ek baie bly dat jou pa daar by julle was. Ek's baie bly die operasie is verby en agter die rug. God se genade is wonderlik.
Jou ma se gesig het gestraal toe ek julle gaan haal het. Sy het my ewe wintie meegedeel dat die susters haar nie van 'ma-wees' kan leer nie....sy weet hoe om na jou te kyk. Dit het my dadelik laat besef dat jy nie meer in beheer is nie, sy neem nou beheer oor. Nou laat ek jou 'n geheimpie vertel - dit voorspel groot moeilikheid vir jou!!! Jy kan maar by jou Ouma en Granny kom kla, dit is waarvoor ons hier is!!
Dis genoeg vir een dag, sal later weer verder skinder.
Baie liefdetjies,
Ouma Rina

Anonymous said...

I can only repeat what every one else has said a great big thank you Lord for your great mercies.Elriza I can only imagine what you wdent through,but luckily I'ts another step behind you. So glad Wes was there and was so strong for you I'm sure he was breaking up inside.Caden get nice and strong now can't wait to see you and pinch those lekker vet cheecks.Keep up the good work.

Lots of love
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Caden ol' pal,

I hereby declare that, as far as Oh-Paw is concerned, you are no longer a little warrior. I hereby dub you, "Mighty Warrior" ... Rise, Sir Caden!

Love you