My Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, 25 June 2008

Not feeling so well

Hi All,

Caden went for his injections yesterday and oh my goodness does he like to give us frights! He had to have two injections and the nurse gave the first one, he cried, then she gave him the second one, and he cried again, and then he just stopped. Stopped moving, stopped crying, didn't do a thing! It looked like his heart stopped! The nurse grabbed him and was ready to run up to casualty with him when he gave her this foul look and moaned a bit again. She was flabberghasted! We couldn't believe that he was so quiet. She even said after that that she prefers it if they scream! Wow, so another heart-stopping event for us! Then last night he vomited in dad's hand (yummy) and at around 3h00 this morning he got a slight fever. I then proceeded to wipe him down with wet-wipes...THE BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER! This morning his entire little body was covered in a very red rash! All because of me! To add insult to injury I clipped his little nails and just as I reached the last one, the thumb, he moved and I accidentaly clipped him. Oh my goodness, it's just the worst feeling in the world! I felt sooooo horrible, but luckily it doesn't look too bad. I bathed him in some rooibos tea to soothe the rash, and it looks like that's working. So a hectic couple of days, but hopefully it's over now!

Oh, I also forget to mention last time that our geyser broke on Saturday so we didn't have hot water until yesterday when our friend Justin came to fix it. Thanx Justin! You don't know how for granted we take the little things until it's gone!

Anyway, I hope you all had a better week than we did! Luckily we're halfway through it!

Lots of Love
Elriza

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame my friend! Hope he feels more himself tomorrow! Dont worry about the clipping of the skin - we all have done it..... Hope you have a great week ahead now and a wonderful weekend and he stops giving you all such big frights - im sure your heart skipped a beat or two - mine would! God bless you all! Conrad, Megs and Keaton

Granny said...

Hi there
Hope our little man is feeling a lot better today. Reezie I can just imagine how bad you must have felt when you clipped his little finger. Don't worry, I think everyone has been through that. I know you must have kissed it better over and over. Caden, you sure like to give everyone a big fright but I think you just want to keep us all on our toes and to let us know exactly who is in charge around the place. You must get better soon and we are eagerly awaiting your call when you can speak to us on the phone again.
God bless all of you, lots of love, hugs and kisses
Grampy, Granny and the rest of the Cape Town Clan.

Deqlan said...

oh my goodness - what a rough couple of days for you all- but dont feel bad about the finger clipping , it happened to me with Deqlan to! they move so quickly - best time to do it when he sleeps ! Hope things only get better, hugs to Caden ! God Bless Love Mark, Samm & Deqlan

Anonymous said...

Liewe Caden,
Kom ek vertel jou 'n geheimpie. Toe jou ma 'n klein baba was het sy gereeld rooi uitgeslaan van 'n allergiese reaksie van die een of ander aard. Dan het sy blou moord gegil as haar doek nat is, want dit het gebrand soos vuur. Gelukkig is sy nog lief vir my en ek vir haar.
Jou Oumagrootjie het my oor raak gesny, toe sy my hare knip. Ons is gelukkig ook nog lief vir mekaar.
Die enigste raad wat ek jou kan gee is, aanvaar maar dat ma's soms in liefde droogmaak!
Ek sal jou ma fyn dophou. As sy jou te veel karnuffel, sal ek 'child-help' se nommer vir jou gee. Is dit goed so? Jou Oh-paw sal die regs dokumente opstel en jou saak verdedig!!! (Eintlik kan jy ook maar net lief wees vir haar - dis wat ma's nodig het)
Dankie vir jou breƫ glimlag en geselsie van nou die dag. Dis lekker om te sien dat jy 'n sosiale wese begin word.
Lief jou , jou ma en jou pa baie,
Ouma Rina

Loren Stow said...

Hey Elriza!
I had such a great time seeing you this weekend! I was thrilled to see Caden and couldn't believe just how enthralled he was by the Little Einsteins DVD... He is so cute and his little smile! Well! That just does it for me!
Take care my friend and talk soon!
Loren