My Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, 14 April 2009

A lot of firsts



























Hello my angel,

I'm so sorry for the long pause again. You just won't believe how busy I am at work. And when I'm home I just want to play with you, so no time to write then!
I think first and foremost I have to tell you that you blessed us with your first definite word this month. Tata, as easy as it may sound. But the trick is that you meant what you were saying, and weren't just babbling. You waved goodbye to ouma with a firm and definite tata, and from then on you began saying it a lot when waving. So you know the meaning and why you are saying it! You are also standing on your own for about 10 - 20 seconds, and I think your first steps are definitely on the horison! Oh, and you are clapping hands and dancing to music as well!

On Friday you had your first aeroplane trip and you were so well behaved. I was very proud, becuase usually the thought of having to "restrain" a 1 year old for 2 hours on a plane sends chills down every parent's spine. But you decided to "chat" to everyone and were just too curious about what's going on outside the window!

We went to go visit granny and grampy and ohpaw also game along for a well deserved holiday! Once again we got spoiled (especially you little man). Thank you very much granny, grampy, granny grey and brendon for making our holiday a very relaxing one! We enjoyed every minute of it!

Happy Easter to everyone! Hope you had a wonderful time with friends and family. May we remember the sacrifice our Creator made for all mankind.

Yesterday I got a bit tearful because a year ago I had the pleasure of taking you home to sleep in your own bed for the very first time. My, how time flies. That was probably one of the most memorable moments of my entire life, so my angel, I just wanted to tell how incredibly proud I am of you. Just for being the beautiful, enthusiastic little man that you are. I learn so much from you every day, how to be excited about the smallest little thing, how to take every day at a time and how to fight for life, because it is sooo worth it. I love you more than life itself and I hope to be able to give you everything that you need, to grow to your full potential!

Love you little man.
You are my everything.
Mom

5 comments:

Ouma Rina said...

Liewe Caden,
Ek is so bly dat julle die Kaap-kuiertjie geniet het.
Ek kan nie glo dat jy 'n jaar gelede huis toe kon gaan nie - en dit na 2 maande in ICU.
God se weƫ is wonderlik en Hy het met groot genade op baie gebede geantwoord.
Dankie vir jou liefde wat ek in elke glimlag sien,
soet wees,
Ouma Rina

Loren Stow said...

Hey Hey Hey!
Well - little Caden - you are just full of surprises and gifts! What a fantastic weekend you must have had!
I can't wait to hang out again!
Until then, Tata!

Granny said...

Dearest Caden
You have only been gone for a day and a half and already we miss you so much. It was a wonderful weekend with you all here. You can grown up so much and getting sooo cute. Everytime I hear the cuckoo clock I can just see your little face how it lights up. You are such a pleasant little chappie, always smiling and babbling away. Miss you lots and lots angel-pie.
Love, Grampy, Granny, Granny Grey and uncle Brendon

Life As I Know It... said...

Caden is too gorgeous.. the photos are lovely.

Congrats Caden on all your firsts, I am sure there are many more to come..

Deqlan said...

Well done Caden! you are more gorgeous the ever and we cant wait to experience all the firsts and seconds with you, you are gorgeous! have a lovely week
love mark samm deqlan logan