My Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, 30 April 2009

To Err is Human, to Forgive Divine

My Son,

I am writing this as you are peacefully sleeping like an angel. It's been a tough couple of weeks for me. At work I'm so busy trying to get everything right and doing my best so that we can give you the life you deserve. At home I'm trying to study so that one day I can teach you the value of education, along with being able to afford it. In between that I am trying to give you all the love and support that you need so that you can grow to your full potential as a whole human being.

All of this I am saying to you not because I am complaining (because we're very fortunate to be able to do all these things), but rather to pass on some of the lessons that I have learnt during these hectic past weeks.

I want to tell you that you should never doubt yourself, your beliefs, your intentions or your capabilities. You know that saying "You can't please all of the people all of the time"? (Okay you don't yet, but when you are old enough to read this you will). Well my angel, it is one of the truest things you'll ever learn. People differ my precious, and sometimes you'll hurt someone, and sometimes they'll hurt you. Sometimes you'll have a hold on everything and sometimes you will feel a complete loss of control. Some people will think you're bubbly and spontaneous, others will think you're loud and obnoxious. Some people will think that you are such a bad parent that you need to be prayed for and others will think that you're doing a great job with the resources that is available to you.

Either way my only, the only truth is the one that you know for yourself. Always remember that people do the best they can with the knowledge that is available to them. And just as your purpose is to understand, accept and love them, so it is that you must do it for yourself as well. I think my point is that you can only do your best and that is all that matters. If someone hurts you with their words, always assume that they are doing what is right for them, at that moment, with the knowledge they have. Try to learn something from it because they may be right. Maybe they are completely wrong, but then again, that's only to your knowledge.

Reality is very subjective my fatty and your job is just to appraoch everything with love and kindness and again, do the best that you can.

I hope this will make sense some day.

I love you with all my heart and remember, everything I do, I do it for you (Kind of feel that I should break out in song, lol).

U are our everything

Mom

1 comment:

Ouma Rina said...

Liewe Caden,
Ek is baie bly om te sien dat jou ma jou met soveel wysheid groot maak! Ek's baie trots op haar insig in die lewe.
Jy kan maar 'watch and learn"!
Lief julle almal baie.
Ouma Rina