My Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, 17 May 2010

What I love about you...








Hello my precious big boy,

I know it's been ages since I've written but it's exam time for me again, and then you know the entire world comes to a stand still, lol. I wanted to take some time to tell you about some of the things I love about you, new things you've learnt and how your little personality is taking shape.

First and foremost I think is your vocabulary. You are a VERY chatty little man and if I don't hear "Mammie" about 150 times a day, I know there is something wrong! You can communicate your wants and needs nicely now saying things like, "baba huil, eina toemaar, okay baba", "dadda in die shower, kom nou nou", "wag 'n bietjie", "oh no, I broke it", "mors, sies man" (imitating me when you mess something), "dis koud daar buite", "water is nat" and my favourite "baba poep, sies man, gagga doek", refering to your brother's dirty nappy. I almost fell off my chair laughing the other day when Noah cried and you said "No baba no, stop it, genoeg nou(enough now)" because when you throw a little tantrum and cry for nothing that's exactly what I say to you! You are also really getting the hang of your little bro trying to feed him all sorts of food and trying to put toys in his hand to play with saying "hierso baba, vat". When you see a phone most of the times you bring it to us and say "oupa praat" or "granny praat", meaning we must phone them so that you can have your long chats to them. You do the same when you see the computer, saying "granny kyk" because we phone them on skype regularly.

You still don't really like new food and would probably live on viennas, bread and rooibos tea if you could. I have no idea how to get some vegetables into you, it's absolutely impossible. But you are growing by the day and seem to be getter smarter at a rapid pace. If prompted and helped a little, you can count till ten, when we drive in the car you will point to a sign saying "triangle" or "circle" or whatever shape it is. You LOVE singing songs, favourites include "twinkle twinkle" "wielie wielie walie" and "old MacDonald" and you love dancing as well, but that's not new. You have this new thing of trying to jump (you still leave one foot on the floor) and singing "hasie hop"! Cutest thing ever!

On mother's day this year, you walked onto the room carrying a present and singing "happy birthday to you", because that's what you associate presents with. It was ADORABLE!!!! But came my birthday, you didn't want to sing it once, lol, irony. We also had a sports day for you on saturday and I was soooooo looking forward to seeing you run and participate. I even signed up for selling pancakes! But when push came to shove, you wanted nothing to do with the event. You cried your little heart out when we tried to take you around the obstacle course and we ended up sitting at the back where you enjoyed playing with some dried leaves...all by yourself...so....I'm really hoping you don't turn into a serial killer my boy, dad and I are getting worried, ha-ha. Not really, we'll just have to enroll you for single sports like golf or race car driving.

Anyway my angel, this is just the tip of the iceberg. I can write pages and pages about the cutest things you do, but you would get tired of reading it, so I'll just stop here.

Love you plenty!!!

No comments: