Hello my liefie
We went on our first official family holiday these past couple of days and my, was it interesting. Dad and I played it up in our minds a bit because we were going to the beach, a lovely place in Pennington where you open your doors and you are right on the beach. So dad and I, having such fond memories of the beach when we were young, couldn't wait to give you the same pleasures that we enjoyed, swimming in the sea, playing in the rock pools, buying silly toys from the stalls next to the beach...
We left Saturday morning and you were soooo well behaved in the car, there and back, not a single complaint! Saturday night we slept over at aunt Nettie's and as usual you LOVED the attention from the girls. You also got very spoilt with lekker sweeties a noddy book and some counting and spelling cards. (Thanks aunt Nets, Candice and Tanya for spoiling us once again!). The next day we went off to our destination. You absolutely loved the big sand pit and imediately grabbed your spade and bucket. But when dad took you to go play in the sea water you...ran away screaming like a girl, ha-ha! You were so scared and you clung to dad like a little monkey. I know I shouldn't laugh, and at the time our hearts broke for you because you were truly terrified, but in hindsight it was really funny. Even the rock pools weren't as alluring to you, you were only interested in playing there if you couldn't see the sea. As soon as you saw a wave you went running again. We went back to the flat where you found a mop and broom and proceded to clean the house, as you love doing. So there we were, 600km from home at a beautiful beach with beautiful weather and you wanted to stay inside and clean...????
Anyway, the next day we took you to a little pond close by to go "fishing" which was adorable and you kind of seemed to enjoy it, but that only lasted about 40 minutes. Other than that you mostly preferred to jump on the trampolines and be around us, just chatting. Oh, and there weren't any stalls to buy cheap, useless toys because it was off-season, so it was basically dead quite. The most amazing thing was probably how slowly time seemed to go there. By 9h00 o'clock dad and I ran out of ideas because we already went to the rock pools, already played in the sand, already flew the kite etc. And at night, both you and your brother were asleep by about 6h15, so dad and I would fill out cross-word puzzles and chat for what seemed like hours, by the time we were ready for bed we were sure it was close to 11h00 but when we checked it was only 8h30. So we definitely caught up on our sleep!
The cutest thing you did which had dad and I in complete stitches was when you found a steel rod or thread or something, that resembled a fishing rod, you pretending to fish with it, calling the fish saying "fishies, fishies, come now dudes". I don't know where you heard that but it was hysterical. You also started giving a lot of "orders" saying to dad "Kom nou dada, gaan spring" of "Loop hierso dada" or to me " Mamma staan daar, sing Wielie Wielie Walie". I think we are quite obedient parents... Well, to end the story off, we decided to come back a day early because you had a little cough and we worried that the humidity might not be good for your chest, plus you weren't enjoying it THAT much anyway, and just as well we did because in the car you started getting a big fever and by last night you were looking terrible. Today you seemed fine and happy so we didn't take you to the doctor, but as I am writing this I am listening to you coughing terribly so I think I'll take you tomorrow, just incase you need antibiotics. I don't want it to turn into something like pneumonia.
Anyway my sweet, I promise to post some pictures soon.
Love you plenty!
Wednesday, 26 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like you all had a good holiday, all that matters is that you were together! Get better soon big boy!
Post a Comment