Hello my big boy,
Well, did I see a side of you this weekend that I did not know existed!!! We were in "the bush" this weekend for Oom Koevoet's 60th birthday (Happy Birthday!!!).
There were rocks and splash-pools and all sorts of fun things. Now if I say you were a real "boskind", I mean it. You were naked most of the time (with lots of sunscrean) and just running around like a crazy person, laughing and exploring with dad...it was the most beautiful thing ever. You saw a real frog (which you were too scared to touch) and a crab, and touched a lot of dead insects! You were my biggest fan when I went down the foefie-slide (a wheeeeee, according to you), clapping and cheering all the way!
I loved seeing you take in every moment of fresh air, especially after the total mishap of a beach holiday we tried to have, lol. So we finally have the answer...you are not a beach-bum, you are a boskind.
O, and you finally started potty-training...my oh my do I have stories, none of which are really appropriate for publication, lol (I'll reveal all at your 21st :-)).
Anyway my angel, I'm so glad you got to enjoy this long weekend to the fullest and that we got to spend some time together...I'm already missing you sooooo much!
To end of with, here's something Ohpaw sent to me, written by Brad Anderson and adapted by Ohpaw, these are pretty much my feelings as you are growing up so quickly...
I guess that I can hold you
one more time before you grow.
And tell you that I love you
so that you'll always know.
Please let me tie your shoe again.
One day you'll tie your own.
And when you think back to this time
I hope it's love I've shown.
Can I help you put your coat on?
Can I please cut up your meat?
Can I pull you in the wagon?
Can I pick you out a treat?
One day you might just care for me,
so let me care for you.
I want to be a part of
everything you do.
Tonight could I wash your hair?
Can I put toys in the bath?
Can I help you count your small ten toes
before I teach you math?
Before you join a cricket team
can I throw you one more ball?
And one more time can I stand near
to make sure you don't fall?
Let's take another space-ship ride
Up to the Planet Zoor.
Before our Cardboard Rocket
doesn't fit us anymore.
Please let me help you up the hill.
while you're still too small to climb.
And let me read you stories
while you're young and have the time.
I know the day will come
when you will do these things alone.
Will you recall the shoulder rides
and all the balls we've thrown?
I want you to grow stronger
than your Dad could ever be.
And when you find success
there will be no soul more proud than me.
So will you let me carry you?
One day you'll walk alone.
I cannot bear to miss one day
from now until you've grown.
Love you plenty!
Monday, 27 September 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Dearest Caden
I can see that you really are grampy and your daddy's big boy because grampy also loves to be in the bush, I say he is "bos mal" and grampy use to take your dad and uncle Brenz for trail works when Gray stayed in Sheepmore. You are getting such a big boy using the pottie now and asking me "gwanny what is the time" when you phone. You are speaking so nicely that you can have a real conversation with me on the phone. I miss you so much my little precious pie and I promise that when I visit you again I will bring you "mannetjie cookies". Love you lots and lots and plenty of hugs and kisses.
God Bless
Gwanny
Oh Elriza - what a beautiful poem! I am so glad to hear that Caden has found his own 'God's Country' - that place that will forever be wonderful and new and exciting for him to explore. That place that will one day renew his soul (when he's all growed up...)
A bush-baby - who knew?
Post a Comment