My Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, 21 January 2009

SLEEP, PRECIOUS SLEEP!

Hello my angel,

Well, this morning your dad and I awoke with a spring in our steps!!! Yes, you finally slept through, didn't even murmur once! I don't even know what to do with this new found energy! Thanks my only, we needed it!

So, what have you been up to this weekend? Well, Saturday morning we went for coffee with Anja and little Ane. As Anja and I were trying our best to take a sip of our cooldrinks, we realised that the days of just having a quiet coffee with a friend are gone! Ane'tjie is crawling already so she was up and about, just experimenting with everything, and you kept trying to get into crawling position from sitting, and I had to watch you and make sure you didn't fall over. Eventually you did fall over and bumped your head quite badly. I got such a fright, and almost went into a panic. Anja calmed me and told me all the signs I need to look for if it's serious. But that was just the beginning, over the weekend you hit your head 3 MORE TIMES! I realised then that it was bound to happen, so I might as well get use to it. Luckily it doesn't look like too much damage was done, hie-hie.

Then in the afternoon you went to your first birthday party, you buddy Keaton's. And wow, what an amazing site. There was a jumping castle, baby pool, crawling tunnel and so much more. You were mesmerised with all the colours and people, and you had your first marshmallow (very sticky) and a yummy teething biscuit that Megs put in your little goody basket. It was definitely a very messy business, but you loved it!

Then on Sunday dad and I took you to the zoo. You were very interested in all the fishies, and you saw your favourites, Nemo and Dory! You talked to Dory through the glass and tried to catch her (to play I'm sure, hopefully not to eat), but she was way to fast for you! You didn't care much for the animals, maybe they weren't colourful enough. But we'll take you again when you're a bit older so that you can fully appreciate the size of the elephants!

On another note, I realised that I didn't tell you about all the great presents grampy, granny, granny grey and uncle Poena sent you when granny and grampy came up from Cape Town. You got a very fancy car that "dances" and plays music, another little car with buttons that make sounds, a little black motorbike, a swirly toy thingy with balls in it, and a smart kid toy. Yup, you definitely got spoiled rotten! Thanks a lot guys, it keeps us out of trouble!!!

Anyway my angel, I love you plenty and I promise to post some pics of the zoo and the party soon.

Love you always!
Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Caden

I am so thrilled to see how beautiful you are growing . Those cheeks are just begging to be kissed. Can't wait to see you again , the last time you were tiny . All our love from Cape Town

Aunty Sharon