Hello my only,
Well, I thought I'd give you a quick update on your development before I scribble pages and pages full of birthday wishes for you tomorrow!
Dad took you to the paediatrician a week ago, and well, she was so impressed with you. She said you had most of your 12 month milestones down, as well as some that are even more advanced. There are some things lagging behind, but if you take that you were only suppose to be 9 month now, then you are doing very well.
I was getting ready to throw all your 3 - 6 month clothes out and move you onto the next step, but alas, you are only weighing 7.1 kg (which suits my back fine actually!). So no 6 - 12 month clothes just yet my angel. Doc said that if you don't go through a growth spurt (which I'm sure you will), you are going to be one short little man. And hello, who cares about that? Anyone who does is seriously bored, or I feel sorry for them cause if you have to live up to such high standards, you must be very stressed. So no worries angel, you grow at your pace, and if you remain knee-high and you're happy there, then great!
I must admit, this week you have had me and dad absolutely dumbfounded with all the amazing things you've learned. You are seriously climbing onto anything you can find. You're saying mamma and dadda, I don't think you know exactly what it means, but you definitely say mamma more when you're with me, and dadda more with dad, so I think the association is there. You've gone from purity 1 to purity 2 in one sitting (no transition phase!), and having chicken and rice, next month will be lamb and beef. You have 6 toothies and your little personality is becoming something that I cannot live without! It's infectious, like a rash, lol.
Anyway my angel, I absolutely cannot believe that you will be a year old tomorrow. When I think back on how dad and I felt a year back. On this day we didn't know what was going to happen, one moment they said caesar, next they said wait, were we going home, or were we gonna be parents? We were so confused, yet excited. All I know is that we always knew God was with you and that no harm would come to you whatever the doctors decided. Thank you for fighting my angel, thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your parents, to know what "proud" feels like, and to be able to grow through all the things you are teaching us day by day.
I love you, and get your party shoes on my boy cause tomorrow is your birthday shortie!
Love yu!
Thursday, 19 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Dear Caden,
No one could have written a better post than this.. I can just see how much joy you bring to your mommy & daddy and I think that you & God knew from the very beginning that your mommy & daddy can never live without you!!..
YOu are one hell of a fighter and we look forward to ready many many more exciting posts on this blog.
Enjoy growing up, and who knows maybe you surprise everyone with a step or two, you are a fighter after all!
Love
Claire, Stephan, Hannah & Ethan
PS: Thanks for the message on our blog and for the kind words, Elriza.
Yay Caden!!! 1 more sleep and you are the big one!!! So excited for you! You are a true miracle - as the pastor said at your Christening, your mom and Dad put you in a Moses basket and said, Here you Go Lord, we know you are going to look after Caden - and look at you now! Cant wait to wish you tommorow and party with you on Saturday, enjoy your last day as an 11 monther, its a big deal to turn 1, what a blessing! Lots of love
Mark Samm Deqlan Logan
Dear Elriza, I cannot believe it was a year ago already that little Caden came into this world!
In this year we have seen him fight, you and Wes showed us what it's like to take one step at a time and do what needs to be done... in the face of a situation that would make most parents crumble... then came Caden's little peronality blooming... slowly slowly... until one day I realised he had just stolen my heart! Little Bugger!! LOL!
I am looking so forward to seeing how Caden grows this next year - I am sure it is going to be amazing to watch!
As for you and Wes - you guys are great parents (and friends)! Caden chose well...
Hey Buddie...... wow 1 whole year old tomorrow! You have grown into one beautiful little boy! Your journey has been inspirational! sleep tight tonight and wake up to a wonderful day of kisses, hugs, balloons, cake and all the things you love most! God bless!
Dear Caden,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY big boy, we hope you have a SPECTACULAR day and a year filled with LOADS of health, love and PLENTY of MAGICAL MOMENTS. We hope that you continue to be the light of your parents' lives, you are such a cuty pie!!!
Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!
Lots of love
Coreen and Grant
Dearest Caden
A most blessed 1 st birthday big boy . I know to a lot of people you have brought nothing but joy and love this past year.Everything of the best and God's richest blessings . Love to all .
Sharon & aunty Netro Cape Town
Post a Comment