My Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, 18 March 2009

So, it's not asthma....

Hello my angel,

Well, what a tough couple of days. Monday night you started weezing and I thought you might be having an asthma attack. Obviously I was terrified and on the phone with ouma Rina to find out what exactly to look for. I steamed your room with some eucalyptus oil, but to no avail. You were up most of the night and in the morning your chest was still very tight.

I took you to the doctor yesterday morning and the diagnosis was Bronchiolitus, a viral lung infection. But I actually think the treatment is worse than the illness because you have to be nebulised 6 times a day to keep you out of hospital. You hate it and 6 times a day, for 5 minutes you cry without stop (Five minutes can feel like a lifetime!)! I think what makes it worse is that I have to keep your eyes closed while nebulising. The medicine in the nebuliser contains cortisone, and as far as I know cortisone breaks down some of the proteins in the eye, that's why we should try and avoid contact.

I feel very sorry for you, but I know it's for the best, because the last thing you need now is to be hospitalised.

On a lighter note...we've been nominated for a blog "award", yay! Thanks so much Samm and Claire for the nomination.

This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his or her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day.

Here are the rules:

Step 1: respond and rework -- answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.

Step 2: tag - eight other bloggers to do the same.

Seeing as WE were nominated, I'll try and answer what I think Caden would've said, and unfortunately I don't know what Wes would've said, so I'll wait for his answers.

1) What are you wearing right now?
Me: Navy dress, black shoes and navy jacket
Caden: Brown and white track suit and white t-shirt
2) What is your biggest fear?
Me: I can't really say losing the people I love because I know they'll go to a better place and that I won't really be losing them (even though I try to stop my mind from wandering that way), so I'll go for being eaten!
Caden: Don't know yet, being hungry maybe? Or maybe going back to hospital?
3) Do you nap a lot?
Me: Nap?? Can I eat it?
Caden: Less now that I'm getting bigger, but still at least twice a day
4) Who is the last person you hugged?
Me: Caden
Caden: Mamma
5) What websites to you visit when you go online?
Me: Gmail, all my friend's blogs.
Caden: Whatever mom or dad goes to, I don't really have a choice...yet...
6) What was the last item you bought?
Me: Palm Centra, for Wes, and lots of medicine and a nebuliser for Caden
Caden: No need
7) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Me: The Pyramids in Egypt and in Peru, New York and all the ancient sites in the world
Caden: Wherever my little legs will let me go!
8) If you could go to the Oscars, who would you want to sit next to?
Me: The cast of Friends
Caden: I'll be on mom's lap...so...the cast of Friends???
9) If there was something you could do over, what would it be?
Me: I'd try and finish my degree earlier so that I don't have to get up at 4am now
Caden: Hmmm, I'm just guessing, but maybe I wouldve stayed in mom's tummy a bit longer. On the other hand, I wouldn't have been the little fighter that I am today, so I'm still thinking about it.
10) What is your most frightening moment?
Me: When Caden turned blue in hospital.
Caden: Probably birth, I was just chilling and then all of a sudden I was pulled out of there, and I didn't even do anything wrong!
11) What was the last movie you watched?
Me: Can't remember when last I actually sat and finished a movie
Caden: Baby Genius under water adventures
12) What is the luckiest thing that ever happened to you?
Me: Well duh, my son survived
Caden: Well duh, I survived
13) If you had a whole day to yourself with no work, commitments or interruptions what would you do?
Me: Sleep, take a long bath, and maybe do a pampering session
Caden: I'd try the whole day to get my leggies stable so that I can walk and run around! It's terribly frustrating at this stage.
14) Is there a major goal you have that you haven't yet achieved?
Me: Uhm, Perfection? But if I achieve it I'll probably die, so I'm postponing it....lol....
Caden: Yes, WALKING!!!
15) What is the first job you had?
Me: Waitress at Ming Woo Chinese Shop
Caden: Keeping mom from sleeping too much
16) What is something that those in blog land might not know about you?
Me: Hmmm, don't know, I'm pretty transparent. Uhm, maybe that I'm studying Communication Science?
Caden: That I have two little marks on my belly from where the monitor was when I was so tiny.
17) What is something simple that relaxes you and you enjoying doing?
Walking with Caden and Wes, drinking a glass of wine while having good conversation (my mom and dad are GOOD options)
Caden: Bathing and going for walks
18) Do you make time for yourself everyday, and if so, what do you do?
Me: Not yet, maybe someday....
Caden: Well, I'm only alone when I sleep, does that count?
19.)What is the last book you read?
Me: The Pilgrimage
Caden: A hard band book that Samm bought for me

Ok, so my nominations are people whose blogs I follow regularly and who have all taught and inspired me. They've all been nominated before, so this is atleast their 2nd award, but hey, the more the merrier:
- Deqlan Higgins Blog - by Samm Higgins
- Malakai Stow's Blog - by Loren Stow
- Keaton du Plessis's Blog - by Megan du Plessis
- Ferreira Family's Blog - by Claire Ferreira
- Lisa Reid's Blog - by Lisa Reid
- Growing baby Pomario - by Lee Pomario
- Loren Stow Photography - by Loren Stow
- All-hands-on-Deq - by Gillian

That's all from our side my angel! See you just now...

Lots of Love
Mom

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My liewe Caden,
Ek wil jou net laat weet dat jou ma saam met jou siek was. Haar allergiƫ het oorgeneem en sy kon skaars praat. Ek is bly om te hoor dat julle twee dit oorleef het en dat dit beter gaan.
Dankie ook vir al jou glimlaggies, klein gilletjies en kraai uit jou maag uit - jy's net een vet plesier! (Dis nou as jy gesond is)
Lief julle baie,
Ouma Rina

Loren Stow said...

You make me laugh!!

Loren Stow said...

not about the asthma.... but your questionnaire!!
*just in case i sounded a bit wacked...*

Life As I Know It... said...

Dear Caden,

SOrry to hear you had such a tough time with nebulising.. Its okay, Hannah had a lung problem when she was just a tiny baby and we spent most of our time in hospital getting Nebulised because she couldn't breathe - she screamed and then she went to this aunty who wrapped her up in a towel and pounded on her back to get all the nasties out... Its better to be nebulised at home than in hospital, but I know its horrible.. Stay strong sweet baby, hope you are feeling better..

Thanks for the Award, Elriza - much appreciated..

Have a lovely day!

Claire, Stephan, Hannah & Ethan