
Hello poopie pants,
Let me tell you about the first word in the title. On Saturday you had one of the biggest falls ever. I'm not quite sure what happened, but I think you tripped over your own feet outside on the patio. Apparently there wasn't enough time to put your hands out so as to break your fall a little bit...then...crash, fase first, onto the pavement. I have never seen a bruise swell up so quickly. Right between the eyes, it looks like a little (actually very big) rhino horn. I felt so incredibly sorry for you. Luckily after a couple of minutes of crying you cheered up again, but the evidence remains, so you look like you've been in a battle field!
Later that day me and Yolandi went to the Declan Bone Marrow drive. I donated a blood sample for bone-marrow, and Yolandi donated blood. At first I was very weary, I mean, apparently it is VERY painful to donate the marrow. Then I thought about the day that I might receive the call that I am a match for someone and I had to go and donate. I got chills up my spine, and frankly, I was terrified! But my terror was soon dampened by the thought of the family getting a call on the same day, saying that they have found a match for their loved one. Well, that just makes it all worth it! But I think the final convincing factor was that I remembered you, little one, being a mere month old, weighing only about 1.5kg, had a lumber puncture. And my baby boy, if you could be that brave and endure such pain at such an early age, then I can surely do it, possibly to save a life!
Anyhoo, I have attached a pic of your first drawing, which we gave to dad as a father's day present. I think it's a master piece!
Love you plenty squishy!

3 comments:
What a master piece!
Its awesome to see that something that takes a few minutes of your time can make a huge difference in someone else's life!
I can just imagine the bruise - Keaton gets them oh so very often and my heart breaks.... These little monkeys are so very resilient hey?
Keep well!
Megan and Keaton
Hallo my liewe klein Caden,
Man dit is nou gawe nuus dat jy jou eerste groot val en seerkry beleef en oorleef het. Ek is ook bly dat jou ma dit oorleef het! Om op jou kop te val het baie voordele. Dis die beste verskoning om te gebruik as jy drooggemaak het!
Dankie vir jou , jou ma en jou pa se liefde - julle is 'n groot plesier in my lewe.
Mag God julle drie toevou in baie liefde.
Ouma Rina
Dearest Caden
What a beautiful drawing you made for your Dad. I bet it was the nicest Father's Day present he got. Looks like we might have an artist in the family after all.
Wow, angel-pie that sure was a huge bump. We are just thankful that you got over the fall so quickly and are back to running around the house again. You really seem to be practising for the Comrades.
Love you all lots
Hugs and Kisses
Grampy and Granny
Post a Comment