Hello my only,
You are becoming the cutest little man on the planet. The past couple of days you have gone through a transformation, where all you seem to be interested in is running around and screaming, but happy screams, more like squeeling. It's so adorable. I don't know what brought this on, but dad and I are really enjoying it.
So, you've learnt some new words like belt, brood (for bread), plane, nemo, stout, apple, dude (dad's handy work), kieper (for perdjie, horse in afrikaans, not quite sure why you say kieper, it's a bit backwords, but at least we understand you), and you are now saying two words together, like "Hello Mama" and "Bye Bye Dada" or "Elmo Stout". It's very cute. I love the way you dance, as soon as we say "Boom Boom Boom" you start strutting your stuff! And if you hurt yourself and I say "Soen die eina", you kiss it better yourself, even if it is your foot. You like feeding yourself (a very messy expedition), as well as washing your hair and brushing your teeth. And I won't even get into your love of the water, especially when you go swimming with dada or ouma. When you are in your little swim tube thingy it's very entertaining for you to jump off the first step into the pool, then the squeels of delight follow shortly.
You had a couple of weekends away, the last of which we went to dada's cousin Tanya's 21st Birthday in Harrismith. It was so beautiful there and you loved the open spaces and new faces. You even tried to pick up some chicks on the dance floor!
Another plus was your report card that we got from school. You were evaluated in either "yes" or "no". You scored "yes" for everything but one...and all I can say is I feel the teachers pain. Your only "no" was "Does he help tidy up?"....hmmmm....but she did say that you loved dancing and singing. You are still al ittle bit weary of the other children, but getting the hang of the socialising thing. So well done my angel, I'm very very proud of all the things you are learning.
I have to admit, bed times are a lot easier. When you are tired, you get really whiny and keep saying "dudu". Then I tell you to go and kiss dada and wait for me in the room while I get your bottle. Off you go, kiss dada, say bye bye dada, take your blankie (which you also call dudu) to the room and wait next to the bed for me. You hold your own bottle, and when you are done you hand it to me, ask for your dummy, roll over and sleep. So easy. Oh, and before I forget, if we ask you to kiss boetie, you kiss my tummy. I can always feel your brother move after that, as if to say thank you for the love. I know the two of you are going to be great friends. We went to the doctor on Saturday and he said your brother is growing very nicely, heart, lungs, kidneys, brain, spine, all in tact. So now we are just patiently waiting for him to stay put, as he already tried to beat your record time of 27 weeks by trying to come at 19 weeks. Luckily we were already so aware of the danger signs that we quickly had it sorted out. I can't believe how your little birth "stunt" affected us my angel. I'm just waiting for every week to pass so that your brother can grow bigger. I mean, how many moms do you know who will say "If I can only get past 32 weeks". And every time I see where his development is, I can't believe how early you came. Really makes me so grateful that you were such a strong little fighter.
Anyway my love, I'll post some photos for you soon so that you can see what you've been up to! Oh, and before I go, I just have to tell you about your monkeynastix lately. An example: Yesterday I was setting the table and put the salad out. I turned around to get the condiments for the table, and upon my return I laid my eyes upon a little monkey who climbed up on the chair, lazily walked accross the dining room table and was now sitting with the bowl of salad between his legs, helping himself to some carrots....hmmm...yup, heart failure for mom!
Love you my fatty!
Tuesday, 08 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Dearest Caden,
You are growing sooooo quickly and all the new things you are up to are just so amazing. When you mom and dad send me videos and I see how you love dancing, then I know that you really take after your mom and granny. We both love dancing. My angel, you must please give your brother a kiss from granny and tell him that gran says he must stay just where he is until your mom things it is time to see the big world. I can just imagine how proud your parents must be of you. You make us all proud by being such a cute, good,little boy. Your auntie Nettie cannot stop speaking about the weekend you all spent together in Harrismith. I think you really made her year.
Well my little angel, give lots of love, hugs and kisses to your brother (kiss your mom's tummy), your dad and your mom and of course plenty of kisses, hugs and oceans of love for you.
God Bless
Granny and Grampy
Wow Caden - you are such a clever little man! God continue to bless you always! And please tell your brother to stay inside your mommys tummy for a bit longer!!!! Megan and Keaton
Caden, you are growing up so quickly and so good for your mommy and daddy! Cant wait to see you Saturday to see how you have grown - i have a feeling you and Deqlan are going to be running around the party hugging all the girls! God Bless and hugs and love! Mark Samm Deqlan Logan
Post a Comment