My Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, 15 November 2010

An update...finally







Hello my beautiful boy!

Yes, again, I'm sorry for not writing in such a long time! But it was that time of the year again, yes exams. And directly after that I went to Cape Town for some work. And directly after that, dad and I went to Hazyview for Yolandi and Gerrie's wedding. So not only have I not written in a looooong while, but I also haven't seen you much, and wow, how have I missed you!!!

You went to stay with granny while I was writing exams and just as you came back I had to leave again. It feels like you've grown up so much! You are such a beautiful little mister now, telling me: "Nee, ek kan nie" when I ask you to do something that you don't want to, he he. You also got a microphone from ouma Rina, and my how you sing! Sometimes even without the mic, you just close your eyes, tap your little foot, and sing whatever comes to your mind, yes improvising at age two!

Oh, and dad brought you a HUGE trampoline! You just jump jump jump and it is the cutest thing ever! I LOVE the way you take toys from Noah and tell him: "No Noutjie, not yours, this is mine", even though I know I should teach you to share, you just tell him so nicely that it's yours, ha ha, I can't get it over my heart!

Anyway my angel, I love you plenty and I cannot wait for the next couple of "holiday" weeks where I can just come home and the only thing on my "to-do-list" is to play with you and your boetie.

I love you monkey man.
O yes, and guess who is FULLY potty-trained! Well done big boy! (I must admit, I am waiting for the day that you decide to wee on the grass in a public place, as it seems like as soon as you see grass, you think that that's what you HAVE do :-)

LOVE YOU!
Mom

2 comments:

Granny said...

Hello my Precious Pie

What beautiful pics. You are becoming such a big boy now. You can really keep an awesome conversation and I must say, you know what you want and exactly what shoes you want to wear especially when you think you are going to work. You are really soooo cute.
Love you lots and lots my precious pie.
Hugs and kisses
Granny

Oh-Paw said...

Waht a beautiful family! Rizzie, with regard to your previous post,READ THIS AND WEEP -I ACTUALLY SAW IT ON TELEVISION!
Mom follows her instincts, revives ‘dead’ preemie with Kangaroo Care
September 3, 2010
After Australian mom Kate Ogg gave birth to premature twins at 27 weeks gestation, her doctor gave her the news no mother wants to hear. One of the twins – a boy – didn’t make it, but that’s just the beginning of this heart-warming story. The doctor – who struggled for 20 minutes to save the infant before declaring him dead – gave the 2-pound lifeless baby to Kate and her husband David to say their goodbyes. Kate instinctively placed her naked newborn son, named Jamie, on her bare chest.
As the grieving parents embraced and talked to Jamie for two hours, he began gasping for air. At first the doctors dismissed it as a reflex. However, the gasps continued more frequently and he began showing other signs of life. Kate gave Jamie some breastmilk on her finger. Amazingly, he took it and began to breathe normally. Kate recalled, “A short time later he opened his eyes. It was a miracle. Then he held out his hand and grabbed my finger. He opened his eyes and moved his head from side to side. The doctor kept shaking his head saying, ‘I don’t believe it, I don’t believe it.’”
I watched the news break on SKY NEWS

NEVER DOUBT A MOTHER'S LOVE!