My Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, 03 March 2008

I got to hold our warrior!

Hi All,

What an amazing two days! Besides the infection lingering over our heads, Caden is doing really well. I got to hold him for the first time yesterday while dad was by our side all the way. And today sister Nel put him on my chest so that he could incubate kangaroo style. It was the most amazing feeling and Wes and I will treasure this for the rest of our lives! While he was lying on my chest he pulled his face in so many expressions, it looked like he was telling us incredible stories! I think he's going to open his eyes in the next couple of days, he's almost there! Caden is also now weighing in at 1.035kg after dropping to 870g. We are so proud of him! Oh, and he is off the c-pap and breathing on his own! It was so amazing seeing our little warrior's face fully for the first time! He looks exactly like a certain weasel!! The nurse said we shouldn't get discouraged if he goes back onto the c-pap though because they are just testing his progress now. Our friend Megan gave us a praying F.R.O.G (forever reliant on God) that we put in Caden's crib and the nurses are nice enough to play it to him every night when we're not there. Around the froggie's neck is a rosary that Megan had blessed by their Monsignour (excuse spelling) and it is now working miracles in our little prince's crib! Thanks so much to Bev (Megan's mom) for the Gaurdian Angel/St. Michael, I keep it around my neck all the time! We are so incredibly lucky to have so much support and love from everyone. The prayers are truly working and we know Caden will beat this infection very soon!

Have a good week!!!

Love
Elriza & Wes

9 comments:

Deqlan said...

Elriza - i cant tell you how happy i am for you - you have the biggest and brightest smile I have ever seen ! Caden is to beautiful and we are so proud of him to for doing so well! Continue trusting In Our Lord - He will always be by your sides! God Bless, hugs and love
Mark, Samm & Deqlan

Anonymous said...

Oh Elriza, I can see the joy and love in your eyes in your photos today.... May you forever remember this day of holding your little "man"! My heart is singing songs of joy tonight for both you and wes. Hoping that the infection has sub-sided and that Caden is on the mend again. He most certainly looks like Wes but I can see a bit of you in him aswell! God bless you and keep you all safe and sound. I am so so so proud of you both and I admire your strength and courage. Keaton cant wait to meet his new best friend! God Bless, Conrad, Megan and Keaton

Anonymous said...

Dear Caden,

Please inform your beautiful Mom that your eyes will only REALLY be opened the day you get married!!

You're looking GREAT, kid!

Love you lots

Lisa Reid said...

Congrats that must have been such an awesome feeling to finally hold Caden, glad everything is going so well : )

Anonymous said...

ELIZA
Ek kan onthou die eerste ma wat ek gehelp het om haar baba vas te hou. Ek onthou hoe ek saam met haar gelag het, die eerste keer wat hy 'n geluid gemaak het in haar arms. Wat dat ek gehoor het Caden is op die vent, het ek gebid vir die dag. geniet hom. Geniet ma wees. Hy het jou meer as enige iets nodig.
Liedfe. God se seen
Melanie

Anonymous said...

Elriza & Wes,

We are so happy to see that everything is going well - that you got to hold Caden! Wow! What a precious moment that must have been!

We are hoping and praying and thinking the best thoughts for you all!

Love Loren and Darryl

Granny said...

Dearest Caden,
Your mom has a lovely smile but wow her smile reaches from ear to ear on the photos where she is holding you. What a milestone. With God's grace you are doing so well, our beautiful (oh dear, your great aunt said not to say beautiful because you are a strong warrior but rather to say cute or handsome) little angel. Reezie and Wes, he is soooooo cute and adorable, you can be real proud. Continue to keep faith, hope and most important love. With all the love that is showered upon our little warrior and the care of the Almighty God he can only grow from strength to strength.
Love, hugs and kisses
Gwampy and Gwanny

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness he is gorgeous.......such a hotty! as his mom says. Hw we all witness yet another miracle from God. Elriza he is so tiny, he will have to grow lots before I offer to bath him. I cannot wait to hug and kiss him to bits. You are all in our prayers and may he grow strong and gain weight so that you can hold him all day with that loving smile on your face. You look very zoosh mummy. Okay Wes, so when do we get a pic of you holding him? Shame the little man will really look tiny on your chest. He really is a special gift to Grant and I on our 26th anniversary so forgive me if I tend to spoil him a bit. God bless
Lots of love
Grant, Lynette, Candice and Tania

Anonymous said...

Hi there Caden
Wow you sure are a little warrior. You sure are growing stronger day by day. Well my boy, I hope to be able to take you flying one day as well just as your dad and I did after his first birthday. So you had better grow big and strong.
Looking forward to the day you come home and we can then get to meet and hold you.
Lots of love and kisses
Grampie