Hi There,
I decided to change the blog a bit. Seeing as Caden is big and healthy now and we don't need to keep everyone updated anymore, I will start writing for Caden. So here goes:
My angel, this weekend was a big one for you. You had your first sleep-over at ouma Rina's and ouma-grootjie's house. Apparently you were very friendly, just laughing and talking to them all night! Thank you for being such a good boy! You also went to Anè's annointing and the minister annointed you as well, so you received a very special blessing. I found a baby diary I started when I found out I was pregnant with you, and thought maybe I can post an entry a day for the next couple of days so that you can see what happened before you arrived. Here's the first one:
27 September 2007
Well, it’s been almost 2 weeks since I found out I was pregnant, and it’s been an absolute roller coaster ride! I knew I was pregnant from the moment you were conceived, or at least the week after that. I could feel my body changing immediately, and I didn’t need any test to tell me that!! It was Friday, 14 September, as soon as your dad left I did a home pregnancy test and to my delight it tested positive. After that I rushed to the hospital to do some blood tests. I wanted to be 100% sure before I told your father. The blood tests showed that you were already 3 weeks old! I then went to the shops and bought that big white teddy bear that’s in your room. I left it on the bed along with the blood test printout. When dad came home he was still very busy, writing things in his diary and phoning clients. Eventually he went into the room and slowly figured out what was happening. We were so happy. Dad was a bit hysterical, but in a good way! Well, after that we informed all the family and friends and soon the whole world knew about our bundle of joy!!!
You are 5 weeks old today. I have been going through so many emotions, from ecstatic, to scared, to nervous, you name it! I had my first glimpse of morning sickness yesterday and today, but overall it’s been good. You’ve been treating me well my angel, I just hope you keep it up!!
Anyway this is what is happening to you now:
The baby is about 2cm long (the size of a small bean) and weighs about 1 gram.
The face changes almost daily. Dark spots appear where the eyes and nostrils will be and indentations for the ears.
Buds that will become the arms and legs are more noticeable.
The internal organs – the lungs, digestive system and excretory system – form.
Growth of the pituitary gland and muscle fibres.
Pancreas and bronchi grow.
Heart has divided into chambers.
The testes or ovaries have formed.
Your brain, heart and spine also already started developing, and your heart had its first beat on the 20th of September!!! We’re expecting you round about the 15th of May 2008, which is a day after my birthday! Anyway my precious, I hope you are doing okay in there, and I can’t wait to hold you!
Love you tons!
Mom
Monday, 08 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Elriza,
What an excellent idea. It gave me goosebumps and tears. Well done.
Caden,
Well my angel, you are really growing up very fast if you already had your first sleep over. I was so proud to hear that you were so well behaved but what else could be expected being brought up by parents who only set the very best examples.
Only another ±5 weeks then Grampie, Granny, Granny Grey and uncle Brendon will be there. We are now counting the sleeps. Cannot wait to see you all again.
Lots of love, hugs and plenty of kisses.
Granny
Wow Elriza!
I think that one day Caden will be so happy to read your words - it is an amazing and precious gift to him!
I can't wait for tomorrow's post!
Hello Caden! Wow you are growing so quickly and doing so many big boy things! Its amazing to go back and read what your mommy wrote about you and how evident it was already then how much she loved you! Continue doing so well, sending you lots of love, hugs and prayers
Mark, Samm , Deqlan and Logan
Liewe Caden,
Dis wonderlike herinneringe wat jou ma weer na vore bring. Ek klim sommer ook 'boots & all' in.
'n Paar dae nadat jy gevorm is, het sy al vas geglo dat sy swanger is. Lewens energie was daar min, entoesiasme weinig, kreatiwiteit was af na zero. Haar ogies het gedagdroom en sy het permanent oor haar maag gesreel. Caden, ek was in my siel in bekommerd oor haar..g'n mens kan so vinnig weet sy is swanger nie..Vir my het dit eerder na 'n groot depressie en ontvlugting geklink! Maar heel laas.. sy was swanger! Wat 'n verligting!
Ja, my groot kleinseun, dis raar, maar dis waar!'n Paar dae na konsepsie, het sy van jou geweet en jou lief gehad.
Geniet die 'journey' saam met jou ma.
Tonne liefdetjies,
Ouma Rina
Post a Comment