My Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, 27 October 2008

Poem

Hi my beautiful boy,

Your ohpaw found a poem for you and posted it on the comments. But I thought it was so beautiful that I wanted to post it here.

~George MacDonald
Where did you come from, baby dear?

Out of the everywhere into here.
Where did you get your eyes so blue?
Out of the sky as I came through.
What makes the light in them sparkle and spin?
Some of the starry spikes left in.
Where did you get that little tear?
I found it waiting when I got here.
What makes your forehead so smooth and high?
A soft hand stroked it as I went by.
What makes your cheek like a warm white rose?
I saw something better than anyone knows.
Whence that three-cornered smile of bliss?
Three angels gave me at once a kiss.
Where did you get this pearly ear?
God spoke, and it came out to hear.
Where did you get those arms and hands?
Love made itself into hooks and bands.
Feet, whence did you come, you darling things?
From the same box as the cherubs' wings.
How did they all just come to be you?
God thought about me, and so I grew.
But how did you come to us, you dear?
God thought about you, and so I am here.

Beautiful hey my angel?

Love you plenty
Mom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caden, you have a very special Ohpaw indeed! Wise words from a very wise man! Keep well! Megs

Anonymous said...

Liewe Caden,
Dis regtig 'n mooi gedig wat jou Oh-Paw vir jou gestuur het. As ek nou vir jou 'n geheimpie kan vertel, is dit dat jou Oh-paw eintlik self 'n baie goeie skryftalent het en baie goed kan dig. Eendag moet jy hom uitvra daaroor - jy sal dit baie geniet om na sy stories/gedigte te luister.
Skindertyd: Dit was heerlik om te sien hoe jy laas Do.aand, jou ouers se kuiertjie kort knip. Ek moes jou ma se hulp inroep aangesien jy nie wou ophou gil nie. Dit het my baie binne pret gegee om te sien hoe vinnig sy van 'n partytjie kan wegbreek. Binne 'n paar sekondes nadat jy jou ma gesien het, het jy in haar arms aan die slaap geraak - uit soos 'n kers!! Mooi so my groot-kleinseun - wys ons almal wie's baas!
Lief julle baie,
Ouma Rina