My Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, 11 October 2008

You're growing up too quick!





Hi my angel,

Well, this last week I just realised how quickly you are growing and becoming a little man. I still want to "baby" you, but your ouma and ouma grootjie had a serious chat to me and told me that I need to let you explore more things. I guess I'm just so use to being over-protective and it's hard to let go. I'm still so worried that something might happen to you and that they'll take you away from me again, but I'm trying my sweetheart. You had your first taste of a marie-biscuit yesterday and you seemed to like it a lot, but as soon as a little piece broke off in your mouth you spat it right out. It seems that you really dislike different textures, maybe that's why you're batteling with the porridge. I'm going to try a different flavour next week and if that doesn't work I'll go onto veggies. Maybe you'll like that more. I had such a great day with you today. You had a sleepover again last night, and I missed you so much that I couldn't stop kissing you today. We played a lot and I let you spend some more time on your tummy because your legs are very strong, but your arms need a little work. My boy, I love you so incredibly much and I will try my hardest to do what's best for you, and not what I want. You're sleeping right now, but I can't wait till you wake up so that I can hold you again. I love you my angel and you are truly my wonderful miracle from God.

Lots of Love
Mom

5 comments:

Granny said...

Dearest Caden
Wow, you are really surrounded by love. You are so lucky and blessed to have parents that love you so much. You sure are growing very quickly and this morning when I was speaking to your dad you also put in your little piece and telling me your side of the story. Granny believes everything you say my little angel. Only four more sleeps than we will be in Pretoria. We cannot wait anymore. Everytime I see one of your pictures that little "roosknop bekkie" says "KISS ME PLEASE" and that is just what I am going to do.
Love you all lots and lots.
Hugs and kisses to each other from us.
God Bless
Gramps and Granny.

Anonymous said...

My liewe Caden,
Dis te dierbaar om te sien hoe jy oefen aan jou koordinasie om goeters te vat en in jou mond te sit. Moet se ek dink jy's 'n baie maklike mens - nie baie geite en dingetjies nie, maar jy weet beslis wat jy wil he. O, ja.. sowat van styf trek en hardkoppigheid sien mens nie aldag nie!
Nogsteeds is jy in baie se harte. Oh-paw noem jou 'n klein parmant. Jou groot Oom Johan dink jy's jou pa uitgeknip. Dit gee my ook 'n groot lekker kry as jy jou lyfie so gooi en krul vd lag as jy jou Grootjie se stem hoor. Jy bring groot vreugde en sonskyn in haar lewe.
Net gou-gou 'n bietjie skinder, ek dink jou ma en pa begin mooi groot word! Hulle verstom my by die dag. Ek het baie binne pret as ek sien hoe hulle hul rol as ouers uitleef.
Ag, ek's baie lief vir julle drie.
Ouma Rina.

Anonymous said...

Caden - your mommy loves you so very much! You can see and hear that from her beautiful blog entries... Im putting money on it that you are going to LOVE your veggies - especially butternut, sweet potato and carrots..... And they are going to make you grow stronger and bigger each day! And im sure you are also going to love your marie buscuits and biltong too! Have a blessed week and cant wait to see you over the weekend and celebrate one of the most important days of your life where you will become one of Gods Children and join his family! (You are already a child of God and part of his family, we just like to throw in a celebration with it!)

Deqlan said...

Wow you are growing so quickly Caden! Cant wait to see you the weekend for your Christening have a great week! Love Mark Samm & Deqlan

Loren Stow said...

Elriza,
I love your letters to Caden, they will one day be a written testament to his earliest days and how much you love him!
I can't actually believe that Caden is over 7 months old now!! It feels like just yesterday that we got the sms from Wes saying that he was coming early!
Take care my friend and I look forward to our Thursday Afternoons!