My Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, 17 March 2010

Boetie is not a toy my love...

Hello my angel,

As the heading implies, I wanted to tell you about how much you want to play with your boetie, but...it's a bit rough. You don't understand at all that he is fragile and that you cannot pick him up and drag him along with you to the sandpit. We bought you a little doll of your own so that you can also feel like you have a "baba", but I don't think it's working. Last night Ouma said you must take your "baba" to bed and you grabbed it by the legs and threw it over your shoulders, dragging it with you. On top of that you think that sticking your finger in it's eye is also a wonderful new game. So understandably, we are a bit weary of letting you play with Noah just yet, ha-ha. It does break my heart though because you are so excited to see him, yelling "Hello Baba", "Baba drink melkies", "Baba slaap". Unfortunately you don't quite understand keeping your voice down either so usually it ends up in little boetie being a bit upset. I'm so sorry my love, just a couple of more months and your friend will be big enough to play with.

On the other hand, your language is really taking off. It took only 10 minutes the other day to teach you "triangle, square, circle, diamond and star", and if I ask you what you are to a person, you get it right everytime, like Daddy's "Big Boy", Ouma's "Pappagaai (Gaggagaai according to you)", Ohpaw's "special one", granny's precious "Pie", Grampy's "tokoloks" and Mamma se "boudjies". It's adorable! In the mornings you wake up repeating all the words you know, so you litterally wake up talking and do not stop until the end of the day. I love that!

Well my angel, just wanted to tell you about your antics. We love you very much and every day you impress me more and more!

Love you plenty!
Mom

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello my dearest little Gwanny's Pecious Pie (as you say)
You are becoming such a big boy. Your vocabulary is absolutely amazing. When you speak to me on the phone you tell me all about Baba Noah and you want to know where everyone is, eg Gwampy, Poen and Grey. Your Boetie is growing just so beautifully and I can see that you love him very much and cannot wait for him to be big enough to play with you. I so enjoy our little telephonic conversations and cherish every moment until you put me on hold or start dialling some other number. Continue to be such a good boy to your parents and look very nicely after Baba Noah.
Love you lots and lots my precious pie. May God continue to keep you and your family safe.
Lots of hugs and kisses to you all
Gwanny

Oh-Paw said...

Hello beautiful child!

It must be quite an adjustment for you to have someone with whom you have to share attention. But you must remember that you will ALWAYS be very special to Gwampy, Gwanny, Ouma and Oh-Paw. You never cease to amaze us with your razor sharp mind and your Daddy's diabolically delightful sense of humour.
While I can fully understand your mommy's anxiety when you treat young Noah "Like a toy," from my perspective it causes quite a giggle - most siblings go through it, and ALL of them survive it! I thought I'd end this message with a quote from Lewis Caroll's Alice in Wonderland (at age 64, it is still one of my favourite books!)It goes like this: 'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'

Love you millions,

Oh-Paw

Anonymous said...

Oh little Caden you bring a smile to my face, I can just imagine how much you would like to swing your little brother over your shoulder and walk down the passage because after all you are his BIG brother and want to love him, protect him and play with him - he he... You are too cute! As your mommy says soon you will be able to play with him and Im sure you are going to have loads of fun!

God bless!

Conrad, Megs and Keaton