My Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, 02 March 2010

Timing? You aint got none mr. Man!

Ok, so it's official, you have definitely found the way to keep mom's attention stuck on you little man, yup, just throw in a 39.4 C temp and mom is all yours!!!

I have absolutely no idea how this happened. Sunday night I saw you had a bit of a runny nose, but everything was fine. Then in the morning dad had to take you school because I had to go to hospital for Noah's injections, and he said you had a little cough. You seemed fine when I fetched you from school and we even went for a swim with ouma, but at around 17h30 I noticed you were very hot. I took your temperatur and it was 38.6, so nothing too bad yet, but definitely something that needs attention. I gave you all the necessary medicinces, and after some cold wipes, you were soon asleep and doing ok. I went to ouma to get the last of my injections, and when I came back, dad told me you were feeling very hot. When I took your temp it was 39.4, just 2 hours after I gave you your meds! I quickly gave you some empaped and that seemed to do the trick. You were very restless though and I spent the night with you in your room. On the other hand, I seemed to have picked up some sort of stomach bug, and was up the whole night with severe cramps and contractions, only getting about 3 hours broken sleep in total. Luckily you are on antibiotics now, so you can see your little brother tomorrow because you won't be "infectious" anymore. You are still not yourself and your temp keeps peaking every now and again.

Things are just not getting better though. This morning we heard some very bad news. Granny Grey had a stroke and was taken to hospital. Please keep her in her prayers so that she will recover as soon as possible. We are thinking of you Gran, and love you very very much!

I have been having very bad contractions during the day so I had to take some medicine that makes me very sleepy. Luckily ouma is around to help, but alas, no sleep for the wicked. Dad had to work late so that he could finish everything before taking some time off to be with us and our new little addition. Poor him, when he tried to leave, his car was completely dead! So ouma had to go and pick him up all the way in Johannesburg. They are still not home, poor monkeys.

So with 3 hour sleep tired eyes, I just want to let you know that we love you dearly, things are going to get a lot more hectic, but that doesn't mean that we are going to take one second of love and admiration for you little man.

Hope you feel better soon and I'll miss you very much while I'm in hospital, but promise to be back soon, and give you lots and lots of kisses.

Sleep tight my angel.

Mom

2 comments:

Granny said...

Dearest Caden
So sorry to hear that you are not feeling too well and your mom as well. Hope you both feel much better in the morning so that you can go visit Boetie Noah.
Granny Grey is home again but not feeling tooo good. Her blood sugar dropped to 1.7 and she suffered hypoglycemia (will explain to you when you are a bit older). Thank you for keeping her in your prayers and we know that Lord Jesus will strengthen her so that she too can visit you and Noah.We all love you guys very much and you are in our thoughts and conversations daily.
God Bless, sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite.
Lots of Love
Gwanny

Deqlan said...

oh my word! Praying you are all better today and that Caden gets much much better! I am going to ask for prayers for you all from Our Circle Of Moms. We will alsp pray for Granny Grey that she makes a quick recovery.Praying you are ok Elriza, praying Noah arrives safely and that Wesley's car works again! God Bless love Mark Samm Deqlan Logan